Saturday, April 25, 2009

Thoughts, thoughts, thoughts........

So this is my first blog......took a while to get here.......I don't even know how well I can keep it up but maybe my I-phone will help. Especially when I am on the rail in the mornings with nothing to do but stare at the other people. I am sure that rail gets crazier around MLK Drive. Or maybe everything gets crazier around MLK drives across the US. ANd Kennedy Drives too.....hmmm.....
So about me.....the Dr is a PhD designation - a degree I went after because I like to know everything - I am addicted to info......I do CNN, TMZ and theybf.com in that order several times a day......most anything worth knowing comes through those at some point. If I need grittier I go to MSNbc. I like them cos they actually have a post on racism in America. That's brave. I got that PhD designate last year - what a year that was......But my timeline goes like this:
Left Barbados in 2004 - came to the US and Penn State Uni in Happy Valley - what a oxymoron that was ......I guess some of them were happy - if you were of a particular persuasion. Left Center County in 2006 - headed out to LA - hated it. Really hated it - why does everyine think LA is the place to be. Sheesh......more on that later. Headed back to Center County, PA 2007 - had no choice - grad school is really f'ed up - u follow someone's orders for 4-6 years hoping in the end they facilitate your escape from them. They break you down no matter who u are and then suddenly you're qualified to be important - load of crap if you ask me. Graduated in 2008. Started working in a real job that does not allow jeans in the dress code at least not til Fridays in Dec, 2008 and now here I am. Lots more happened but that's what the rest of the blog is for right......time will reveal.
That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment