Sunday, April 26, 2009

A hot Sunday in April

Geez, today is hot! Sitting outside does not help. Only AC. Thank God for AC - sorry about global warming but geez I needs to be cool. I don't remember it being this hot when I grew up and I come from 13 degrees north of the equator. Dag........It's so hot I feel as if I can't breathe. I hate extreme temps - Give me 50 to 70 degrees and I am happy. Maybe up to 75 and I can stand up to 90 with a nice breeze. That's the key - a nice breeze. That's why it wasn't hot growing up - there was always the NE tradewinds. They were great! So no AC needed there.
Anyway I'm rambling - today is Sondra's funeral - I'm trying not to think about it - had two drinks already - but I know for me that is severely under target. Might just enhance the emotions and that I ain need. Sondra Hewitt. My cousin who became a sister. Man we were stubborn together. And I am a quiet stubborn but bot did she force me to voice how I felt. I think more than anyone she made me speak out. And it wasn't that she said Keeva speak out but you had to do it with her. She did not like pushovers. So.....she more than anyone prepared me for this society. Sondra - I hate to think she is gone. Is like a whole chapter is gone. I hate closing chapters. I hate the end of a book. Everytime I read a good book, I hate coming down to the last few pages. And with both Mom and Sondra - it feels like that. Only thing is with a book I can pick it up and read it again. But not with life. With life, once that chapter/book ends that's it.......until maybe later.......
My mom died a few days before Mother's Day 2007. I know it's only 2 years now but I can't stand to see Mother's Day ads. For that reason alone, Barnes & Noble and I will part ways until after Mother's Day. I don't think you ever get over the loss of a mother (whether biological or other). But it gets easier cos here I am writing about my mother when just a mention would send me off into a crying jag. My mother talked a lot about her mother - almost like if she was still around. I find I do the same......I hope ppl listen.....Doesn't matter, it helps me. A good book has a lot of memories that you come back to over and over again. But today, I close mommy's book. Cos I tell you if I took it to the funeral today, we might have an overload. I'll tell you about the viewing really later. Now I need to go get ready..............

No comments:

Post a Comment